female festae

yellow

Very nice,have you introduced her to Marc's old male yet?

no i may put them together to get some pics at some stage but as for breeding them i wont be doing it in the foreseeable future as im not really interested in breeding anymore most of the stuff i just keep for the sake of keeping nowadays.im currently building a system to house them individually in their own tanks

Hey mate long time no speak, nice female!, how old is she??? I have a female and male she is approx 15mths old she is about 10in....just an update on the umbie's i got off u i have that big male u picked for me and one female that i picked separated by a divider that goes almost all the way to the bottom with a small space and a rock for her to spawn like u have/had....man he's a nasty nasty bloke wih no tolernce for her or anyone else...he even goes nuts at me when i look at him....he is approx 10in and she is about 7-8in hoping for the best! i've got some video that im going to post up soon

Gary :)

Hey mate long time no speak, nice female!, how old is she??? I have a female and male she is approx 15mths old she is about 10in....just an update on the umbie's i got off u i have that big male u picked for me and one female that i picked separated by a divider that goes almost all the way to the bottom with a small space and a rock for her to spawn like u have/had....man he's a nasty nasty bloke wih no tolernce for her or anyone else...he even goes nuts at me when i look at him....he is approx 10in and she is about 7-8in hoping for the best!

Gary

hi gary

shes about 4 years old i got her about 2 years ago and she was around the 7 inch mark then.shes the fish that ive owned for the longest amount of time.good work on the umbies theyre a handful to say the least in all my time keeping americans id have to say ive never seen a fish that is more aggressive to its own kind then umbriferum.my male couldnt be housed with my female ever i had holes cut in a divider for her and whenever she went through hed flare up once and if she didnt respond favourably hed just attack her instantly.theyve also got great teeth so it only takes a few seconds to do some serious damage.theyve got such an attitude ive got three at the moment two males and a female.one males quite layed back but the other ones the same as yours always having a go at me for feeding him.cracks me up

i've got some video that im going to post up soon

great id love to see it :thumb

Very nice,have you introduced her to Marc's old male yet?

no im not breeding fish anymore im just a keeper nowadays.i will elt them see each other at some stage ill get pics when i do.

Archived