CThompson

Photo of my new tank - "The Optimum"

Thanks to Mark Lilley for bringing his digital camera when he visited

user posted image

Closer in - you can see the foai nest.

user posted image

A bit overexposed but showing a shot of the tank through a porthole

user posted image

Trickle Draw filter with cabinet door open. Front door of TDF is all fogged up so you cannot see in to the draws. Down the bottom you can see the bioball chamber clearly though.

user posted image

Close-up of bioball chamber. The PVC at bottom are holding up some Kama-harda biomat, installed to cause the water to trickle into the sump and not splash (noisy). In the bottom of this chamber you can see my limestone sand section to help buff the water.

user posted image

This is the sump, lower right you can just see the limestone sand section, which is also the heater chamber. From here the water goes to the Matrix section, and then there is a large settlement area. In this section I also have a 15 watt Eheim 1048 which provides water to a denitrate filter, and the return water from this goes back to the sump via the bioball and Matrix before going back to the denitrate filter. From the settlement area the water also goes to the Oase Nautilus 12,00 pump plumbed into the back left of the sump which powers the tank- you can just see the cylindrical mesh I have used as a strainer to the entry of this pump.

user posted image

-Back left (white large PVC) = Denitrate filter.

-Front left (black pump) = Oase Nautilus 12,000

-Middle, (grey pumps) = Two Eheim 1060 (to provide additional circulation). The front one also is plumbed into the water change tank (next photo) for powered refills after water changes. I can attach onto it via an Eheim Double Tap Connecter, a siphoned hose to pump water out of main tank at 2200 lph for a water change.

-Middle (under two Eheims) = 18 watt UV steriliser.

-Front right (black thingy) = battery for UPS (deep cycle, no venting).

-Front right (white thingy) = UPS - provides power for all biological media in case of emergency (3.5 days of back-up power).

user posted image

Water change tank - plumbed directly to the mains water for filling, and connected through the tank's plumbing via Eheim 1060 to pump water from the water change tank to the main tank.

user posted image

Tank light fitting;

Back (closet to wall) = four by 4' fluros

Next = 8 by LED with blue lights

Next = three by 75 watt metal halides

Last = four by 4' fluros

Manufactured and supplied by Regal Lighting, Taren Point, 02 9525 6999

www.regallighting.com.au

user posted image

Neolamprologus brichardi "Kiku" female.

user posted image

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing stuff! Just a quick question, where did you get the LED's, did you have to wire them yourself?

Manufactured and supplied by Regal Lighting, Taren Point, 02 9525 6999

www.regallighting.com.au

I don’t buggerise around with electricity blush.gif

Well Craig you can be proud of what you have done mate. smile.gif So how many fish do you think you can safely fit in there and one last question how the hell are you ever going to get them out if you have to. shock.gifLOL.gif

QUOTE(Ducksta @ Aug 1st 2005 @ 16:26 )

"That's not a tank, it's a spoon"

spoon?

its from that episode of the simpsons when they go to australia.

at the risk of sounding unoriginal... nice tank craig! thumb.gif

from the number of fish you listed in the other post, i'm suprised i cant see any fish in the photos! can anyone else see any fish besides the brichardi?

how the hell are you ever going to get them out if you have to.  shock.gif  LOL.gif

I reckon the only way out would be in a fishy body bag, or via another couple of fish through the filter system! (if you know what i mean wink.gif ) hysterical.gif

umbee...bloody....leevable!!! freeekin excellent.... :thumb

what size is that puppy?? i know BIG would pretty much cover it, but give me some dimensions to salivate over.... :lol1:

awesome job... that water must be crystal.... :8

*cough* other thread

Well Craig you can be proud of what you have done mate.  smile.gif  So how many fish do you think you can safely fit in there and one last question how the hell are you ever going to get them out if you have to.  shock.gif  LOL.gif

I don't plan on as many fish as the tank could hold, as more fish = more maintenance, and with the number of tanks I already have this is an issue.

However, what ever number I put in there will breed as the brichardi already have, so I expect the best laid plans will fail here.

To get it out it has to die and float, jump and dry, or be eaten dry.gif .

If it ever comes down to it, I will purchase a fish trap bigsmile.gif .

Archived