Good fishing spots

novafishy

Cass,

Your idea sounds good. I am open to suggestions.

Ryan,

How about the 26th..? Australia Day.?

Scienceman,

If the tide comes around 7 O'clock, then 5 will be good. Of course if people decide to come earlier, they can do so.

Would you be able to help with the location .? Will need a location where we can also do bbq (preferably with bbq facility) and yet still plenty of fish..

And now, we will wait for any more interested people.

Ryan, should we create a new thread for this..? or just wait for people to express their interest on this ..?

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea! Count me in!

I think we can maybe do some Rock fishing maybe at Bulli and surrounding areas?

Seeing as theres gonna be a A.C.E bbq.. maybe we can change the place of the A.C.E Bbq to a place where we are going to go fishing and that has a bbq facility?

Just a idea though...

I'm going to try and make it

But be careful with rockfish, most people are not experience enough to be fishing off the rocks. Let make it safe for all to come alone.

Let agree on a date very soon so people can start planing.

Australia Day is good for me, no plans yet.

Just got back in from Windang, NSW with not a fish in sight. I did start out the night doing some prawning, not much luck there as its my first time. I got about 10 prawns but that was with a Dolphin lamp, i did get a proper prawning light today but it was too late in the afternoon to get hold of a battery to run it. I can see how with the better light i would have had a heap more success, but i'll leave that for next time.

After that, i had a try with a fresh prawn and a line, didnt get one bite!!!! I think i'll do a bit more research on good locations for the area before i get back there. And also i think i will start saving for a boat, cause frankly, i think shore fishing within a hundred metre radius of sydney is officially dead!! Oh well, still plenty more spots to try and plenty more holiday time to try them in.

Yibbida yibbida, thats all folks!!!

Alan.

teamsherman,

where abouts did you fish?

i use to fish down there alot when i use to live there

but i havent been down there for over 2 years now

the live prawns are the best to use for fishing down there

go on the bridge and try to put you line under the bridge for bream

use the current if you can to get your line under the bridge

if you want flatheads then try the near the midle where the water is about 1 meter deep

try get your line as far as you can then wine your line in very slowly

good luck next time

Oh well Alan,

Thats fishing for ya,

sometimes something, sometimes nothing! well

but u are right about the boat, cant compare shore fishing to boat fishing or even better deep sea cool.gif

(Guess we arent looking after our waters good enough)

Good luck for next time

I just went to the jetty at Clifton Gardens last night, and man it was packed FULL of people fishing!!! it wasn't a really big jetty, and towards the end of the jetty, there were soo many people there, it would've been impossible to cast/drop your line without getting tangled.

hardly saw anyone catch a fish either. i only got one massive bite, which i fought for a couple minutes, but lost it as it disappeared under the jetty. what a disappointment! sadsmiley02.gif

would've really like to land it, as it was tugging the line like there was no tomorrow!

Back to our get-together-fishing.

We have only 8 people interested (Scienceman, Cosmiccreepers, gianniz, katanaone, danielk, 3eyedfish, lucifer, and myself).

So, if everyone is still up for it; we need to make some decisions:

1. Date & time

I propose the Australia day (so people that works on saturday can still come)

If the tides come around 6 or 7 o'clock, we can start from 5 o'clock till whenever..

2. Fishing Spot.

The idea of 2 hours driving to the central coast at early morning may not be appealing to everyone, so I suggest we choose a closer one. Unfortunately, I can not make any suggestion, as I have not been fishing for a while.

So everyone, please put your suggestion forward.

3. Food & drinks

BYO.

4. Transport

Own transport, but if you do not have one. Let me know, I may be able to arrange something.

5. Fishing gears & bait

BYO

That's it for now.

Charlie

Back to our get-together-fishing.

We have only 8 people interested (Scienceman, Cosmiccreepers, gianniz, katanaone, danielk, 3eyedfish, lucifer, and myself).

So, if everyone is still up for it; we need to make some decisions:

1. Date & time

I propose the Australia day (so people that works on saturday can still come)

If the tides come around 6 or 7 o'clock, we can start from 5 o'clock till whenever..

2. Fishing Spot.

The idea of 2 hours driving to the central coast at early morning may not be appealing to everyone, so I suggest we choose a closer one. Unfortunately, I can not make any suggestion, as I have not been fishing for a while.

So everyone, please put your suggestion forward.

3. Food & drinks

BYO.

4. Transport

Own transport, but if you do not have one. Let me know, I may be able to arrange something.

5. Fishing gears & bait

BYO

That's it for now.

Charlie

anyone own a boat?

Id love to come out but im really really over shore fishing in the sydney area lately.

Id love to come out on someones boat if they have one that can fit the amount of people that are interested!! if not, can it fit just me??? lol...........nah really im serious, can it fit just me? hehehehe.

Its all good, i know deep down no matter where we meet we wont even catch a cold, but hey, im willing to stand around and tell tales of the old days. What do you guys think of Bare Island near La Perouse? i wont be able to make it on Australia day but any other day at that location would be bonza.

Cheers, Alan.

I do have a boat (here on the Central Coast). It is only 16ft so can only fish 2 other people comfortably. We would need a couple of more boats for everybody to get on the water.

Also, I am not pushing for a CC location but would not be able to join in if it were in Sydney. Long travelling time and in my wifes opinion I already go fishing enough so was hoping to take the family along - which is why I suggested Woy Woy which is a family friendly location.

We could avoid a strict start time and just make it anytime in the morning with a picnic at 1pm. That way the keen ones can come up early while those who like to sleep in can join later.

Wed 26th will have a high tide at 9:46am which means that at Woy Woy it will be ~2 hours later at ~12pm.

If poeple has'nt got enough boats then we can always hire a boat from one of the boat sheds in Brooklyn (Hawkesbury River - exit off after Mooney Mooney bridge)

The boats cost $89 (from memoery) for the day and $20 deposit (these boats only got 8hp engine so dont expect a speed boat). You dont need a licence to drive these boats, but i recommend someone who knows how to drive one to be the driver. I am one driver.

The boats holds 6 people, thats less then $15 each

There is a tackle shop there so you can buy your gear and bait

I will be going with either 1 other (better half) or 3 others (better half freinds). So one boat is half full. smile.gif

Bare Lsland is ok. Didnt catch anything there last time i went. Good for the swimmers and snokers also. But it would be packed out in weekends and public hoildays. Very hard to find parking

I'm not sure if I should share this, but what the heck, I don't fish anymore...

Cape Banks/Cruwee Cove - La Perouse, the northern headland of Botany Bay.

Turn left off main road into golf course, park the car before the gates of the firing/shooting range and walk down the track that heads to Cape Banks.

Fish Cruwee Cove in a Southerly and big swell to get bucket fulls of big silver bream, the trevally but only at sunrise, after 9.00am head home because nothing else will bite.

If you want to do some serious rock fishing (not for kids or novices) fish the other side facing the open ocean (rock plates may be required or fish off 20ft high cliff) for big tailor/aussie salmon, bonito during the winter with the float, sinker and ganged hooks rig but be prepared for snags and be careful when bringing the fish in.

Flint and Steel Reef - Kuringai National Park

Lots of *30cm* tailor around when you cast north of the reef into deep water, there is a channel right there in front of you. Need to go at sunrise though and down a national park walking track for like 35 minutes. I caught my largest monster 2.2Kg silver bream down there.

Bit.

smile.gif

Archived