My day in 'the shire'

BaZ

Here are some pics:

Waz admires a tank while YeW wonders if BaZ knows how to drive the camera?

user posted image

Waz and Cobalt Craig:

user posted image

Cobalt Craig strikes a pose:

user posted image

Some kind of Protomelas (sorry Craig forgot the name)

user posted image

Pics of or from Waz's display tank pic#1 - #4:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

A nice pic of Waz's Fossorochromis rostratus:

user posted image

Waz's Aulonocara 'Fort' Albino: user posted image

Waz's C. moorii

user posted image

CThompson's Multitopia!

user posted image

Apologies for the lack of photos at Lee's. I was so gob-smacked at the secret water changing system that I neglected to take any pics!

Sadly, I doubt Lee would have let me take a pic of the water change system (trade secret as it is). We didnt see it in action but it was most impressive, even when idle laugh.gif

Gorgeous fish ! even if they're mostly Africans...... and i'm actually starting to be able to recognise some of them laugh.gif

Show me most Cichlasomines and i'll tell you what it is though laugh.gif

Every time i see nice moorii or electra or anything really blue i get tempted.... noooooo!

Gotta love the scat though, i caught a silver one time while fishing in QLD... about 14" long woot.gif

It's fantastic seeing what some of you characters look like!

Andy

DM

Hi Dave

Thankyou so much for the terrific photos - they came out really great. clap.gif

Well the fish ones did - not so sure anyone wants Coboltcraigs and my mug shots spoiling it though. tongue.gif

Yes Andrea - you recognise the rock alright. thumb.gif There is 200kg's of rocks in there, all the way from Coober Pedy. When I put the show tank together I searched everywhere for nice shaped (and colourful) rocks and finally fell in love with this type of rock. It has worked really well and has been in there now nearly 2 years.

You may have noticed it is not a species show tank, it is purely a fish show tank. I have Malawis, Tanganyikans, Americans and even Aust natives all together in the same water conditions (and thriving). I keep ph @ around 7.6 - 7.8 and have had very little problems. wub.gif

This is the first time I have had my fish and setup photographed and put on the forum so I am extremely appreciative for all Yew's efforts (as I am hopeless @ photos and computer stuff). I know he took loads more photos so if anyone is interested in seeing more you maybe able to persuade Yew to post other ones. I know I would love to see them. (Hint, Hint wink.gif )

Hope you all like.

WAZ. wink2.gif

Great photos Yew.

Having seen waz's show tanks in person I can say that I have seen too many better ones they are awe inspiring. So much so that now I am trying to convince my wife that we should have a feature wall (if we extend the house) that features 2 6x2x2's side by side but that may not be possible so I may have to settle for one(for now LOL.gif ).

cheers

Rosco

Archived