hobbies other than fish

yellow

Now I have 8 tanks and slowly growing...Also have a second child - so the moral of the story - there is life after kids

There definitely is!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dry.gif hmmm.. i'm in to

*fighting fish; even if they don't survive very long with me.. i can't seem to keep em alive.. cichlids are so much easier...

*ice sk8ing

*photography

*bowling

*sleeping

*angels

*watching movies..

*listening to music

*taking long drives to a nice beach down the coast..

*PS2 if theres a real good adventure game...

* Almost 2 yr old little girl

* Husband

* Gymnastics

* Dancing

* Horse riding

* Deep sea Fishing

* Holidaying at South West Rocks NSW

Arts and craft usually are a fad for me that last 2.5 seconds then im bored....

Leah raisehand.gif

Quite a few people have listed beer and drinking. Does anyone enjoy home brewing? I used to love it but i gave it away after a bottle of home brew exploded in the back of my car as i was driving along the highway - shattering the rear window and scaring the bejeebus out of me. Very messy! I seriously thought for a second that i had been shot.

Anyway my non-aquarium hobbies

hydroponics and growing things - mostly vegetables and chillis

computer games where i get to take over the world (civ III, age of empires, etc)

playing rugby

scuba diving

photography (on top and under the water)

mountain bike riding

and i dont mind a little bit of yoga every now and then.

I like homebrewing and did quite a bit of it last year. YeW became a bad influence in my life, getting me back into it after about 12 yrs off smile.gif

My wife has now encouraged me to take a break from it for a while, she says I was drinking so much beer I was putting on a teeny tiny itty bitty amount of weight.... dntknw.gifohmy.gifblush.gif

I now drink spirits with diet coke, and she's much happier for it LOL.gif

Btw if you want to try a nice beer, I can thoroughly recommend YeW's Dark Malt. Clear burgundy colouring, tastes great!

I'm into:

- Work (landing a new job as we speak after nearly 4-5 months unemployed)

- My wife and two boys (8 months and 3 years)

- Personal/Spiritual development (just finished reading a book called "Wild at heart" by John Eldredge) it's had a massive impact upon me

- Real Estate (property investment/development - not that I've been able to action yet but keen nonetheless)

- Church life (I'm a leader at our local church, leading a group of 6-10 people) this is one of my bigger time committments

- Photography - getting that perfect shot of a fish, how hard is that! woot.gif

- I used to love playing Age of Empires II, Willy - maybe we should play over the internet when I get a new PC? Could be some time away... tongue.gif

- I love my beer - James Boags Draught, also love my scotch and coke, I'm probably the biggest I've been in a while and need to lose a bit blush.gif I do carry it well however - unemployment does that to you (will start a fitness regime soon hopefully)

- Bushwalking with my 3 year old, he loves it to bits

- Love Jazz (eg, Miles Davis), Funk (eg, Dig), some Classical, Gospel, Worship

- Bonsai (one plant and never enough time to develop the hobby)

There's heaps more I'm interested in, but not enough time/money to persue just yet - will get into Scuba diving as soon as funds permint, help me overcome my fear of the Great White huh.gif

I also used to be into martial arts - Shukokai, quit just before going for my black belt.

Love this home brewing concept!

Cheers

Richard

Boxing

Rugby

Uni

Teaching myself to tattoo

my dog

reading

drawing

swimming with the sharks at sydney aquarium ( Ok thats on my to do list)

Surfing

skateboarding

BMX

Archived