L. ocellatus "silver stream" ?

Richard

LOL.gif That was a bit of an under handed remark Gareth! tongue.gif

I believe they were from Congo. There is little info on the net about these guys!! dntknw.gif

Chris, IF YOU LOSE ANYMORE FRY OR ADULTS I WILL KILL YOU! And say good bye to even being bumped up the ladder of getting any black occies or pearlies! laugh.gif

You really need to have say a trio in a 2x18 minimum in my opinon. Also, I can give you some brine eggs to start with mate.. you really need to start them off that or micro worms. I find that the brine is much easier and far less stinky! yes.gif

Oh yeah, I keep my fry in a fry saver. Instead of having the mesh glued on the sides etc, I bought foam and cut to size and wedged it in! thumb.gif still allows water flow but I syphon out the crap from time to time!

Chris, IF YOU LOSE ANYMORE FRY OR ADULTS I WILL KILL YOU! And say good bye to even being bumped up the ladder of getting any black occies or pearlies!  laugh.gif

Well, the second smaller female has just spawned and this time there are about 12 fry! So I will do my best to keep these guys going! They are greedily feeding on frozen brine so things seem to be off to a much better start laugh.gif

I will give it a few days or so and see if I can get em into a saver, how long should I wait to move them? Or will they be ok now?

No offence mate, but I can see that there are now lots of other places to get blacks tongue.gif However, I am definitley going to get some of those pearlies! woot.gif

Instead of having the mesh glued on the sides etc, I bought foam and cut to size and wedged it in!

For tiny fry that pass through normal sized mesh, I use the white material from an old fish net. They can't swim through this. To help with circultion, I drill a hole in the bottom corner and connect up an airstone. You can regulate the bubbles with a tap.

Andrea smile.gif

Archived