Enigma - Question for you...

Simonauv

Just looking at your photographs - they are beautiful - just wondering most of them are at focal length 100mm. Is that the 100m macro lens? And which flash are you using? Is it off the camera (like a slave) or hotshoe mounted? Your photos are just beautiful...

thx simon smile.gif

yup it's the 100mm macro lens and 580EX flash + its wireless transmitter.

i position the flash on the top of the tank.

one flash is just not enough. getting another one soon. probably the 430 and it will be perfect wink2.gif

Sitting on top with a wireless transmitter - excellent smile.gif Time to check out ebay I think...

I'd be getting two slaves sitting on flash-stands to put on either side now - that would be schmick smile.gif Would make metering hard though.

You images are also fantastic examples of the DOF you can get with small apertures (large f-stops).

When I was shooting with normal SLR with a flash I would make my shutterspeed 1/60th because that was the speed at which the shutter was in synch with the flash - these dslr with dedicated flash units are great how they will synch at whatever shutter speed you set them aren't they...

Can you believe I sent my Canon 300D back to Canon for a warranty repair back in January and I STILL haven't got it back!!! When doing a sensor clean a spring popped out of the shutter mechanism when I was in New Zealand over New Years. I took it to Canon in Auckland and they put it back together, however, the auto focus then didn't work at small f-stops (didn't at large f-stops either but the huge DOF compensated for that and I got good focus - but that's to be expected). Sent it away and I have been without it ever since sad.gif

Anyway - I'd love to see a whole lot more of your photos. They are book quality - maybe you should set up an aquarium gallery website - that would be cool. smile.gif

Archived