New Tang. display

anchar

Its an imposter in a Tang tank

Steatocranus tinanti......also refered to as a muppet cichlid

Merjo, hmmmm maybe less hornwort, it seems a bit soft in that ratehr hard rocky tough tank, ( and personally it falls apart and drives me nuts) maybe use val and some anubius up high... Is the fronie a new addition?

Yeah the hornwort has gone a little feral but I was leaving it for a week or two until the tank has fully cycled. I will trim it back them to allow the algae more light. It doesn't fall apart when it is kept in hard water and full light. I also find it is excellent at eating nutrients (far better than vallis). I didn't want to use vallis in this tank...I am saving it for my Malawi display. I don't like Anubius plants much (except the nan sp.) as to me they look "planted" no matter how you try to disguise it.

The two little fronties were a gift from Frontyking. To make sure they didn't get mixed with the ones I have for sale, I threw them in here. Obviously they won't be long termers. Once they reach 4 or 5 inches they will be added to one of my colonies.

Andrea smile.gif

Ok i can understand those reasons,

I used to go collect wild hornwart from the creeks up here there is atleast 3 distinct types in the rockhampton creeks, at one stage i had a planted tank with not less than 14 different types of plant from local waterways was pretty cool, but dificult to find really nice healthy specimens....maybe thats why it allways fell apart and clogged the filters.

Agree rocks allways look heaps better once the algae has taken hold, it nicely softens the whole look.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived