Some fishy pics from Chatuchuk markets in Bangkok#1

funfish

Hey All,

I thought Id share some fishy pics of some lovely interesting fish I saw in Chatuchuck weekend markets in Bangkok.........I have heeps more to come but here is a fiew good snipets hope you enjoy :)

First off were these beautiful large Tiger Stingrays which were around 2ft in diamater....these guys were just were nothing short of amazing

IPB Image

This was another small ray I spotted but am unsure of the species...maybe someone will be able too ID him or her

IPB Image

These were some of the plenty of Motoro Rays I spotted in the fishy markets and one really big ray of some type I saw living wth motoros

IPB Image

Note the price of motoros they were around 12cm+ in diameter and 1000 thai baht works out to be around $30 aussie dollars :lol2:

IPB Image

.....so that worked out too be around $45 - $60 aussie dollard :lol2:

This was the best Arowana shop I came across in the markets and inside sure was a memory I wouldnt forget.......not many photos worked out well in this shop as the owner didnt mind me clicking away at all but wouldnt let me use the flash because it spooked them a little......

IPB Image

This is a totally awesome golden crossback with hues of a dark blue between the golden scales.....he would have been a good 45-50cm+ in length and chunky too :thumb

IPB Image

And last of all was this what I think was a super chilly red crossback around the same size as the previous pic he /she was the most brilliant red I have ever seen in Arowanas, a totally beautiful fish

IPB Image

I have heeps more photos of other stuff I will share later and I hope you have enjoyed these snippets :lol1:

Regards

Christian :B

this place is awesome. well worth the visit if you go to bangkok. prices were cheap on most the stuff there, but for the top quality arowana you would still be paying well over A$10,000 mark.

and last time i was there they had plenty of leo rays.

Thanks for showing the pics just great some more please :yes:

Love the Aro's :wub

The second ray is a Reticulated Ray (Potamotrygon reticulate) There are some Reticulated Rays for sale now in Sydney ;)

How hard is it when you are O/S looking at all these cool fish & so cheap knowing you cannot bring them back :blink

Rat

[Edit] Forgot to add thats a Ceja Ray with the Motoro's quite rare even in Asia & hard to keep did you see how much it was ?

Heya all,

Thanks for looking, It was extremley difficult just looking but hey I did get too see some great fish and bring some photos back which in my opinion is better than nothing at all......However I did feel I was in a dangerous place for my fishy brain and yes my head was ticking over but hey I d rather be safe than sorry :yes:

...I didnt see any leopoldi, henleni or "polkadot rays just the ones above, I didnt even bother asking about the pricing on those large quality arowana or the ceja ray or is Paratrygon aierba the same thing? but small asian arawana varietys around 10-12cm were very affordable.

The only things I brought back from Chatuchuk was some clothing a fiew fishy posters an awesome book on South American rays......great pics but mostly all in Thai script and some kewell photos....ohh andd also some great memorys :thumbup:

I have some other pics of weird fish and stuff which I'll post asap but am trying too fight the lazyness bug ;)

Regards

Christian :B

Archived