Bloat

gino123456

Do you have any pics? What do you mean by hole in the stomach?

Sounds like it could be something else altogether. Are they eating? Any stringy white poo?

How are they acting?

Head to a vet and get some Metronidazole (not diMetronidazole).

For 200mg tablets treat 1tab per 35L, or check this thread for info on soaking food. http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=31735

Soaking food is more efficient and effective.

You could also get a perscription from a doctor if he is the flexable type. Flagyl is the stuff i have.

Also,

Most importantly get some pics posted.

Secondly, as kilroy mentioned describe the behavior, are they eating? are they active? How long have you had them? have they eaten since you got them? If you have had them for a while what has changed recently? New tankmates, large water change, increased squables in the tank?

Ive had them four almost two months, I bought them off Craig so they are quality fish.

I have had no problems with them eating and now suddenly 1 fish in a matter of 2 days has blow up (its guts) like a ballon and 2 others have like a hole in their stomachs :dntknw: and they r swimming like peguins wobble :B

Ive had them four almost two months, I bought them off Craig so they are quality fish.

I have had no problems with them eating and now suddenly 1 fish in a matter of 2 days has blow up (its guts) like a ballow and 2 others have like a hole in their stomachs :dntknw: and they r swimming like peguins wobble :B

Gino, I have had the same symptoms recently with my Ts (the balloon symptom that is, not sure what you mean by hole in the stomach, do you mean a hollow stomach, ie skinny?) and I treated them successfully. I used a medication bath for the affected fish. I put them in this bath once a day for about a week. My fish looked like golf balls before treatment, they now are back to normal.

I got Metrogyl (Metronidazole) from my vet and Furan 2 (antibiotic) from an aquarium. I dissolved 1 200mg tab of Metrogyl and half a teaspoon of Furan 2 into a container of about 20 litres of water. I put airstones in here. I put them in this bath for 2 hours at a time, and once per day. This water was discarded after each use.

I kept the affected fish in a separate hospital tank while they were being treated. They were returned to this tank after treatment. They were returned to the main tank after a weeks treatment.

Any further questions, pm me and good luck.

Jamie.

I have had no problems with them eating and now suddenly 1 fish in a matter of 2 days has blow up (its guts) like a ballon and 2 others have like a hole in their stomachs :dntknw: and they r swimming like peguins wobble :B

hi gino

sorry to tell you the sad news, it's to late for the 2 with a hole in the stomach. the hole will not repair.

these problems are manifested by unfavourable water conditions. if you have other fish as well, i'd suggest a large water change and the use of myxazin. it would be best to put them in a smaller tank, to save on meds, warning, this product will make all the silicone blue

jamie

that's good news on the treatment for golf balls, i'll have to get some

Archived