Thoughts Please

gino123456

Hi guys just wondering which would be better, I have a colony of yellows which havent bread for me as of yet. :(

Now i have them in a 5ft tank with cobolt blues and mainganos (colones) now would it be better to put them in a 3ft tank by themselves or i have a 6ft tank divided in 3 and i could put them in there, the problem i think im having with them is there is a few fish in the tank and they r having troubles finding there own territorys.

What do u think :lol1:

if there alone they will have nothing better to do then spawn like crazy... lol mine are alone in a 4ft there are 10 i tihnk adult fish.. there is always 2 holding at any one time.. good luck..

I have found e. yellows will spawn anywhere, even in very crowded community tanks so IMO I don't think your issue really lies there.

I think a bit more information might help someone give you the answer, things like;

How old are they and how many males to females do you have? How long have you had them for?

Are your Cobalts or Mainganos breeding??

Cheers

Ross

The Mainganos and Cobolts have but they all have been moved around a fair bit so they havent had to to establish themselves in the tank.

They r also young and i know that will take time too, but in saying that the breeder that i bought my yellows off (we split the colony in half) his r breeding and they were only 3cm fish :blink:thumb

Did you actually see his 3cm yellows while they were holding?? I've never seen yellows that small breed. :confused:

That's because it's impossible.

:no: Thats unbelievable.

Ive seen yellows holding mouthfulls at 4/5 cm (i`ve got one now :thumbup: )

Gino i think they were a little bigger than 3 cm,

but yea i seen these fish from the same breeder and fark me he`s got yellows coming out of his rear!

Yeh , but true 30+ females in a 6 foot tank they are loving life :thumbup:

Archived