my 3ft display tank

robdog013

Hey Guys,

I stopped breeding :blink about 2 years ago, finally set up a small three foot tank in my apartment.

tank contents:

5 x cobalt blue

5 x electric yellow

5 x red zebra

3 x bristlenose catfish

filtration:

2215 eheim canister

1000L/ph internal power filter

deco:

7 x lavarock purchased from Aquarama, river sand and some fake plants

all fish purchased from Johns, they have great colour

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

thanks for checkin out my pics, apologies , i phone shots :dntknw:

Rob

love the red zebras mate great looking fish. Am seriously considering getting another tank for a colony of them, got a big female here and im sick of her breeding with the rusty lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need some advice,

I just got two more female cobalts and about a month ago I lost one yellow.

That brings my stocking level upto

7 cobalts

4 yellows

5 red zebs

and 3 bristlenose.

Running the tank I have a 2217 eheim canister and a 2000lph internal filter which points tot he surface with the air hose connected.

My question is = is there enough dissolved oxygen content in the water?, am I overstocked?

I'd say yes you should have enough, as long as there is some decent agitation at the top which sounds like there is. I had between 30 and 40 fish in my AR980 at one stage when my saulosi were breeding like rabbits and they all seemed to be active all the time without signs of stress. I had a lot of agitation from the exit pipe that would have been adding lots of oxygen into the water. Of course this isnt a stocking size I'd be reccomending, I just couldnt keep up with the young..............eventually moved them all on and its now an angel community tank.

Archived