Ace forums active?

dmac

Is this forum still active? Really looking to concentrate all aussie fish keepers on one platform and wondering if this one still gets any use? As far as i know this seems like it used to be the way to connect with rare cichlid keepers.

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

Been doing a bit of catch up and scrolling through some old posts that say a lot of people have gone to Facebook.  I don't have FB but am prepared to join to get back into the hobby.

What are the pages that our old members frequent now, does anyone know?

Thanks,

Jon

Hmm…running out of places to go then! Hopefully they all come back here!

I see the online purchasing has really lifted its game since my time out of the hobby - some good stores out there now with what looks like some really nice fish. Just not used to paying retail prices 🤣

Don’t go to facebook, the grass is not greener.

Most of the best breeders still check this site fairly regularly. The hobby has lost some greats over the years. But this site is still the best spot (in my opinion).

• 1 month later...

@JonFishin it is the way of the instant society now where FB has all the answers 

some good some not so that people require but the best things about the old forums 

are they have history you can go back to

Unfortunately this is one of the few forums still running.

Traffic has slowed but the NSWCS still has this facility open as opposed to QLFAF and PCS that have folded

MeWe has trading groups, other than that there is Gumtree once gain a flip of the coin what you get. FB groups have side chat groups that offer "rehoming"

There are various groups so it comes down to what type of fish you are interested in

QLDCG hold auctions in Brisbane at Springwood Rd State School next one is 19 Oct at 5PM maybe a weekend run to Bris